Terms and Conditions
- When you confirm your booking by paying a booking fee you are entering into a contract between you, the visitor and Riverside Log Cabins. Please read the conditions of let carefully.
bookings placed are provisional until confirmed in writing.
- The letting period is from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival until 10.00hours on the day of departure.
- All provisional bookings made should be confirmed with a signed copy of our booking form and a booking fee of £100.00 per week booked. The booking fee is not refundable. The visitor is then liable for payment of the full balance of charges which are payable 42 days prior to the commencement date of the holiday. Short breaks should be paid in full at the time of booking. Payment by credit card will incur a 2% charge to cover bank costs.
- If the visitor cancels a confirmed booking within six weeks of the start of the holiday, he/she remains liable for the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the visitor, the owners will try to re-let the property and if successful will make a refund to the visitor less the booking fee and any other cost involved in the re-letting. It is therefore advisable for the visitor to take out insurance against the possibility of cancellation.
Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay (formerly Protx) – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland.
Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
Sage Pay uses a range secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
Sage Pay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
Sage Pay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
General Terms and Conditions
If the visitor cancels a confirmed booking within six weeks of the start of the holiday, he/she remains liable for the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the visitor, the owners will try to re-let the property and if successful will make a refund to the visitor less the booking fee and any other cost involved in the re-letting. It is therefore advisable for the visitor to take out insurance against the possibility of cancellation.
- The number of persons occupying a cabin must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated in the brochure (which is six, not counting babies in cots), without the prior consent of the owners. A visitor whose party exceeds the maximum occupancy will be liable for an extra charge of £100 per night for the duration of their Let. Sub-letting or assignation of the Let is strictly prohibited.
- Towels can be hired at the cost of £5.00 per person per week. A cot and high chair can be hired at £7.00 each per Let. Electricity is charged at 13p/KwH and electricity charges should be paid before departure . If electricity charges are not paid before departure an administration fee of £30 will be added to cover the costs of collection.It is the responsibility of the visitor to ensure that payment for electricity is made at the end of theh let
- The person who makes the booking will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, and for any loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents, allowing for fair wear and tear, howsoever caused during the rental period. A refundable deposit of £100.00 will be payable when taking possession of a cabin.
- The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported immediately. If, in the sole judgment of Riverside Log Cabins, excessive cleaning is required a cleaning charge of £50 will be levied.
- Personal property of visitors occupying accommodation is not the responsibility of Riverside Log Cabins. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- On rare occasions we reserve the right to enter a cabin during a let to effect repairs or where pets have been left unattended and we are concerned for their welfare or for damages they might cause.
- Pets or animals are allowed to occupy the accommodation only with the prior agreement of the owners. The charge is £20 per dog per week.Pets should not be left unattended and very large breeds of dogs will not be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the visitor to ensure that payments due for electricity, as specified in Riverside Log Cabins annual tariff are made at the termination of the let.
- If for any reason the accommodation is not available to the visitor on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, Riverside Log Cabins will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available then all monies paid by the visitor will be refunded. Riverside Log Cabins will have no further liability to the visitor or any other party.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all moneys will be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behavior, damage to property, or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such cases of termination of the contract, any refund would be at the discretion of Riverside Log Cabins.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Cabins. If a guest smokes or permits smoking inside the cabin during their let a charge of £50 for cleaning will be applied.
- We will always try give guests the cabin which they have asked for, but reserve the right to change the specified cabin at any time before arrival. If guests wish to guarantee that they will be in a particular cabin this can be arranged for a fee of £30.
- The properties let by Riverside Log Cabins are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.